Common Cartridge® and Thin Common Cartridge®
Together we can power learner potential in four easy steps.
Need support before determining your product’s certification readiness?
- View the developer resources on the Common Cartridge page.
- Begin the development process using any available code snippets in the 1EdTech GitHub Repository. (Request Github access here; available for Contributing and Affiliate members.)
- Review the Common Cartridge Conformance Testing Process. View sample cartridge files, based on the CC/TCC version you are implementing.
- Review the FAQs and/or submit a support ticket via 1EdTech Support Site.
- Engage in one-on-one support calls with 1EdTech Staff (available for 1EdTech Contributing members).
- When you’re ready to test, go to step 2.
Make sure to identify and choose the appropriate tools and/or cartridge(s). Certifications for a tool versus a cartridge vary slightly. Be sure to identify:
- Read Tools - Tools that read in cartridges.
- Write Tools - Tools that export or create cartridges.
- Read/Write Tools - Tools that both read cartridges and export cartridges and are able to import and export the same cartridge(s).
- Runners - Tools that allow you to import and play common cartridges.
Use our 1EdTech Certification Suite to test as often as you like.
- Review the directions for the certification test suite.
- Run product through the 1EdTech Member Validator.
Do you have over 25 cartridges that are all generated the same way?
If so, test a subset (at least 25%) of the cartridges. A list of the remaining cartridges should be submitted with the relevant metadata contained to firstname.lastname@example.org once the initial set of cartridges is validated.
Plus! Make sure to send your report from the validator, cartridges, and other certification materials to email@example.com.
Send us your test results for official validation.
- Submit test results. This will be reviewed by 1EdTech Staff.
- Make sure to send your cartridge(s), your results, and the form document in the email with your certification submission. A link to a folder containing the cartridge(s) is also acceptable.
- Provide additional product information as requested by 1EdTech staff for display in the TrustEd Apps Directory.
Our 1EdTech staff manually reviews your test results with a fine-tooth comb. Please note it may take some time for the results to be validated.
Let's celebrate and show off your new 1EdTech certification!
- Receive a certification registration number and details about how to use the 1EdTech logo, and dissemination details about your certification will be provided.
Proudly displaying the 1EdTech Certified logo on your website, marketing materials, and social promos lets your current and future customers know you value interoperability.
We're Always Happy to Help
Our experts are here every step of the way, welcoming you to the world’s most
united edtech community and available to ensure you achieve certification.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.