3 Steps to Procure 1EdTech Certified Products
We pulled together some useful resources to help technology leaders and procurement officers know what to ask for from their edtech suppliers and what to include in their RFPs. It’s just another way our 1EdTech community is working together to ensure an open, trusted, and innovative digital learning ecosystem for all of us.
The TrustEd AppsTM Directory is the easiest way to search and review digital education products that have passed data privacy and interoperability certification. When institutions shop, they start here first. They know products certified by 1EdTech are the best way to reduce implementation costs and ensure all their learning tools and content work together.
The Official List of 1EdTech Certified Products
TrustEd Apps Directory
Publicly Commit to Open Standards
Use specific 1EdTech standards language
Let’s put open standards and data privacy at the forefront of edtech integrations. 1EdTech standards ensure there's always a level playing field for schools, universities, and state organizations when it comes time to purchase and implement digital tools.
- Suggested Caliper Analytics Requirements for Institutional RFP & Procurement Agreements: An explanation of language to include in a procurement document and questions to ask edtech suppliers.
- CLR Procurement Guidance: Sample statements for inclusion in an institutional RFI/RFP document, additional guidelines, and a sample set of requirements for a CLR-conformant credential management platform.
- Common Cartridge RFP Guidance and Checklist: An explanation of language to include in a procurement document and questions to ask edtech suppliers.
- Thin Common Cartridge RFP Guidance and Checklist: An explanation of language to include in a procurement document and questions to ask edtech suppliers.
- Data Privacy Certification Requirements: The 1EdTech process for vetting applications and certifying them for the Data Privacy standard uses a rubric that was collaboratively developed by the 1EdTech community. Vetted products that certify to Data Privacy earn the TrustEd Apps Data Privacy seal and are listed in the 1EdTech Product Directory.
- Why Platforms and Tools Should Adopt LTI 1.3 This document explains the benefits that LTI 1.3 or higher affords to institutions and suppliers.
- LTI Advantage Suggestions for Institutional RFP & Procurement Agreements: A resource for institutions.
- Learning Tools Interoperability RFP Guidance and Checklist: Provides RFP language suggestions and checklist.
- Sample RFP Addendum: Specifying 1EdTech-certified Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI)
- LTI Resource Search Checklist and RFP Language: This guide provides specific language for requesting products 1EdTech certified for LTI Resource Search.
- OneRoster Conformance Certified Product Acquisition Screening Questions (K-12): Sample questions to ask early in the process of choosing edtech suppliers.
- Planning and Procurement Guide for OneRoster 1.1 (K-12): An explanation of language to include in a procurement document and questions to ask edtech suppliers.
- Open Badges Procurement Guidance: Background information on the Open Badges standard, sample RFP language, and additional considerations when specifying support for 1EdTech-certified Open Badges as part of your procurement process.
- A Brief Primer on Question and Test Interoperability (QTI) and Accessible Portable Item Protocol (APIP) Conformance for End-User Institutions, Faculty, and Buyers of Digital Assessment Content and Systems: The 1EdTech QTI and APIP interoperability standards provide a set of specifications that enable a rich collection of digital assessment content to be accessed from a wide variety of learning platforms, including learning management systems, authoring platforms, item/test repositories, assessment delivery engines, and web applications.
Accessibility Vetting Procurement Statement: Sample statement for inclusion in an institutional RFI/RFP document requiring the completion of a self-assessment using the TrustEd Apps Accessibility Rubric.
*Resources not marked K-12 or Higher Education are suitable for all institutions.
Benefits of 1EdTech Certification
Your True Source for Interoperability
Products pass a rigorous set of tests to guarantee interoperability across the widest range of product integrations.
Buyers trust 1EdTech as neutral arbiter of truly interoperable products and content.
Troubleshoot any technical issues with expert help from 1EdTech support and access on-demand technical resources.
Receive updates in the evolution of 1EdTech standards and conformance testing.
The 1EdTech community advances what's happening across the K-12 and Higher Education landscape today while preparing for tomorrow.
Engage with the most united global education technology community.
Have Questions? We Have Answers
Our experts are here every step of the way to help support your strategic vision of making day-to-day activities easier and more effective for teachers and students. Let's connect every learner to the best digital learning experiences imaginable.
Let's Shape the Future of Education
Tell your edtech supplier you value an open, trusted, and innovative digital learning community.
Let’s put open standards and data privacy at the forefront of edtech integrations with the TrustEd Apps Pledge. It's our 1EdTech community’s call-to-action to ensure there's always a level playing field for schools, universities, and state organizations when it comes time to purchase and implement digital tools.
Discover why leading institutions and edtech suppliers endorse the TrustEd Apps pledge—and why you should too.