Annual Program Recognizes Innovative Educational Technology Providing Real-World Solutions to Digital Transformation in Education
LAKE MARY, Florida, 4 June 2020 — 1EdTech Consortium (1EdTech/1EdTech), the world-leading non-profit collaborative advancing educational technology impact, announced today the winning projects from the Learning Impact Awards 2020 competition.
The 1EdTech Learning Impact Awards celebrate the fusion of innovative teaching and learning solutions with a bold strategy for digital transformation to improve educational outcomes. Winners are voted on by a panel of experts—who observe and evaluate presentations of each project—and the edtech community-at-large.
From 23 finalists, eight projects were selected for showing a high impact on personalized learning, institutional performance, or the digital learning ecosystem in K-12, higher education, or lifelong learning. This year's medalists are Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and XtremeLabs; TAFE NSW; UC Berkeley; MagicBox; PlayPosit; Florida Virtual School, Broward County Public Schools and Public Consulting Group; and Mashpee Public Schools and CatchOn.
2020 Platinum Medals
- Digital Hands-on Learning Labs for FAST Track IT Programs — XtremeLabs LLC and Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) (Video, Paper)
- Virtual Reality in Vocational Training: Evaluating Effectiveness and Efficacy — TAFE NSW (Video, Paper)
2020 Gold Medals
- Berkeley Online Advising (BOA): Transforming Data for Student Success — Berkeley Online Advising (BOA); Research Teaching and Learning, UC Berkeley (Video, Paper)
- MagicBox — Digital Education Solution for Student Success - MagicBox (Video, Paper)
2020 Silver Medals
- Interactive Video, Reimagined — PlayPosit (Video, Paper)
- Simply Speak — Simply Speak and Florida Virtual School (Video, Paper)
2020 Bronze Medals
- Broward OpenCLR Lab — Public Consulting Group and Broward County Public Schools (Video, Paper)
- Leveraging Actionable Data to Transform and Safeguard Learning Environments — CatchOn and Mashpee Public Schools (Video, Paper)
2020 Honorable Mentions
- ACE and Credly Bridge the Gap Between Employer-led Learning and Academic Credit with Standards-based Digital Credentials — Credly and American Council on Education (Video, Paper)
- Achieve — Macmillan Learning (Video, Paper)
- Bernalillo Public Schools and Istation — Istation and Bernalillo Public Schools (Video, Paper)
- Blockcerts as Stackable Credentials for High-Impact Learning Experiences — Hyland/Learning Machine and Lehigh University (Video, Paper)
- Cal Poly Digital Transformation Hub — Cal Poly Digital Transformation Hub and California Polytechnic State University (Video, Paper)
- How Wiris Quizzes Helped to Build a New Formative Assessment Paradigm for Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) — WIRIS (Video, Paper)
- Hylable Discussion for Quantitative Discussion Visualization — Hylable Inc. (Video, Paper)
- Large-Scale Academic Ability Assessment Platform for Measuring Four Foreign Language Skills — UCHIDA YOKO CO., LTD., Institute For Education Research (Video, Paper)
- Mindfulness Cabin — Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Video, Paper)
- Miraimon: An Exam Question Predicting AI — SiGHTViSiT Inc. (Video, Paper)
- My Spartan Story and the Spartan Experience Record — Michigan State University (Video, Paper)
- Online Learning Provides Rigorous, Equitable Learning Opportunities to Rural District in South Carolina — Apex Learning and Spartanburg County School District One (Video, Paper)
- Squirrel AI Intelligent Adaptive Learning System — Squirrel AI Learning (Video, Paper)
- Tec Now — Tecnológico de Monterrey (Video, Paper)
- Vocabulary Progression — Wayside Publishing (Video, Paper)
A summary and analysis of trends from all final projects are presented annually in the 1EdTech Learning Impact Report. The 2020 report releases in the fall. The nomination period for the 2021 competition opens in January.
For more information on the 1EdTech Learning Impact Awards visit imsglobal.org/lia.